In the summer of 2019 we received some sunglasses from Ovan Eyewear. We used them on and off tour and Ovan approached us for a special collaboration.
Blue lenses with the top of the line optical properties were an obvious choice. Partly transparent acetate mixture of the frame generates a deceptive effect. When the sunglasses are worn, the frame displays itself in black. When the sunglasses are observed against a strong light, the frame unveils its black, blue and white color mixture. The left temple with laser precision carved crossed scythes symbol, the right temple with laser precision carved Ovan OV-logo.
The box has authentic autographs signed by Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä and Jaska Raatikainen (the original members of Children of Bodom).
• Optically correct EMS Polyamidate lens, developed originally for medical, military and aviation.
• 100% Japanese fused polarization. (Polarized lenses block annoying glare that bounces off the road or water, increase color contrast for high-definition vision and reduce eye strain so you can comfortably wear your sunglasses all day long)
• Polyamidate combines the best of optical clarity, light weight and durability
• Lens benefits are total 100% UV protection, reduced eye fatigue, low-stress and natural reduction in chromatic aberrations from refraction of light
• Stronger and lighter than glass and optically better than any traditional competitors like CR9 or acrylic lenses
• All lenses have anti-reflection coating, that eliminates interior reflections
• Oleo Phobic Coating that resists water and oils sticking on the lens
• Hand crafted from cotton flower based hypoallergenic acetate. (Acetate is a plant-based, non-petroleum product, allowing it to be stronger, more durable and more flexible than regular plastic)
• Extremely high strength to weight ratio
• Vibrant colors (acetate doesn’t fade or loose the color)
• Durable metal frame inside the temples that connects to high pressure and heat fused 3:2 metal hinges
• Temples fit tighter when bought, but will “form” to persons head after wearing the product. Like fitted hat