In the summer of 2019 we received some sunglasses from Ovan Eyewear. We used them on and off tour and now Ovan has approached us for a special collaboration.
First up is a tribute to Hatebreeder. Green lenses with the top of the line optical properties were an obvious choice. Partly transparent acetate mixture of the frame generates a deceptive effect. When the sunglasses are worn, the frame displays itself in black. When the sunglasses are observed against a strong light, the frame unveils its dark poison green colors. The left temple with laser precision carved crossed scythes symbol, the right temple with laser precision carved Ovan OV-logo.
The box has authentic autographs signed by Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä and Jaska Raatikainen (the original members of Children of Bodom).
• Optically correct EMS Polyamidate lens, developed originally for medical, military and aviation.
• 100% Japanese fused polarization. (Polarized lenses block annoying glare that bounces off the road or water, increase color contrast for high-definition vision and reduce eye strain so you can comfortably wear your sunglasses all day long)
• Polyamidate combines the best of optical clarity, light weight and durability
• Lens benefits are total 100% UV protection, reduced eye fatigue, low-stress and natural reduction in chromatic aberrations from refraction of light
• Stronger and lighter than glass and optically better than any traditional competitors like CR9 or acrylic lenses
• All lenses have anti-reflection coating, that eliminates interior reflections
• Oleo Phobic Coating that resists water and oils sticking on the lens
• Hand crafted from cotton flower based hypoallergenic acetate. (Acetate is a plant-based, non-petroleum product, allowing it to be stronger, more durable and more flexible than regular plastic)
• Extremely high strength to weight ratio
• Vibrant colors (acetate doesn’t fade or loose the color)
• Durable metal frame inside the temples that connects to high pressure and heat fused 3:2 metal hinges
• Temples fit tighter when bought, but will “form” to persons head after wearing the product. Like fitted hat